Monday, March 28, 2011

Day 5-Your parents

If you know me at all, you know that my dad and I are crazy close.  There's really not much more to say about that except I love him, even though I don't necessarily say it.  Mainly because I'm emotionally closed off.  But he knows I love him, and that's really all that matters, yes?

I've also discovered that the only pictures of my mom on my computer are from the 70's.  Damn.  It is hard to believe that it's been 13 years since she died.  She has been gone for half of my life.  Which is just crazy.

Here's where it all began.  Dad is second from the left.  Cute!  (and the color of this photo totally tells you that he's ooooold.  Haha.)



These next few are air force photos from 1964:






This is where it gets good:


Here he is as a grandpa (with baby Alex):


Our first class at Painting With A Twist:


Us at Audubon Zoo in NOLA:


Us after volunteering at Baton Rouge Zoo:


Chilean Miner?  You decide:



And (finally!)  The few pics I have of mom:





This one is my favorite:



She looks so cute!





Here's mom and dad in 1974:




No comments:

Post a Comment