Thursday, March 24, 2011

Day 1-Introduce yourself, recent picture, 15 interesting facts


My name is Candace, and I'm from Houston, TX.  I currently live in Baton Rouge, LA where I am a pre-vet wildlife student at LSU.  Finally.  I have an extremely boring life and I love it.

1.  I have a weird birthmark on my face, but I only notice it during the summer.  It gets DARK.  One time, while my oldest sister was babysitting me, she thought it was chocolate and tried to scrub it off.  It didn't work.

2.  I have a slight nail polish obsession that started about a year ago.  I now have around 80 bottles of nail polish, and there are so many more that I'm eyeballing.  It's really quite sad.  I realize this.

3.  I do this magical thing I like to call "the windsock dance".  Anytime I pass one of those windsock things with arms, I have to try and mimic the movements.  It kind of looks like I'm doing the wave all by myself, but I love it.  I've been doing that now for about 12 years.  Still going strong.  I've tried replicating those moves on the dance floor, but it doesn't seem to translate well.

4.  I've played the piano for almost 20 years now.  I don't know why, but people are shocked when they find this out. It may have something to do with the fact that I have freakishly small carni-folk hands....

5.  I have a billion and one OCD qualities.  Here's a few so you can get an idea of just how stupid I am:
Any food that is circular must be eaten in a counter-clockwise direction.  Don't ask, cuz I don't know.  Toilet paper/paper towels MUST BE OVER, NOT UNDER.  I break out into a sweat and my right eye starts twitching when I see someone has put it under.  It's just not right.  I also cannot use a paper towel or piece of toilet paper that wasn't torn directly on the perforation.  There's so many more...but we don't have time for that.

6.  My most favorite drink ever is water.

7.  I wear makeup maybe once or twice a year.  Maybe.

8.  I write with my right hand but do everything else with my left.  I guess that's what I get for having a dad that's right handed and a mom that was left handed.  Screwed my ass up.

9.  I have ground breaking epiphanies when I'm shaving my legs.  Yes, I'm strange.

10.  I have a Magic 8 Ball (his name is Merlin).  I consult him at least twice a week.

11.  I am OBSESSED with true crime shows.  It's made me totally cautious.  In fact, some may even call me paranoid.  I'm ok with that, I'm still alive.  If I can't get into vet school, my plan b is forensics.  Which tells you how much I like people.  I'm either working with animals or dead people.  Rock on.

12.  One of my life goals is to visit every major league ballpark.  I love me some baseball.

13.  Thirteen is actually my favorite (and lucky) number.

14.  I rarely ever dream.  But when I do, they are usually something crazy.  Like Billy Mays commentating for the Disney Olympics crazy.  And I swam against Ariel.  And won.

15.  I have a slight insomnia problem.  For a while there, I could recite about 10 infomercials word for word.  Need Rod Stewart's 10 disc ultimate collection?  I know your number!  What?  You need the Slap Chop or possibly the Sham Wow?  I'm your girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment